Thursday, March 27, 2008

reflection on "Practical Considerations for Multimedia Courseware Development: An EFL IVD Experience"

After reading the journal, I found that the IVD is very interesting for me. It is very useful for my teaching.
Although I just start my English teaching, I did try to make use of film in the past. In the past, I mainly taught Mathematics and General Studies. I tried to find some films to show something related to what I was teaching. I found that students always pay attention to something other than textbook. They are not interested in learning from books. This generation really needs more interactive in the classroom. The IVD is interesting. Students can learn individually. But at the same time, they can learn from others. The idea of group story is similar to what I am doing now. I try to ask my students to write a new ending for the story they read. Students are very creative. But they cannot do it very well when they are not good in writing. It is a limitation for them. I think the IVD can provide various kinds of guidlines for the students to rewrite the story (even I did not know about the IVD). Also, I think I got some ideas of group story. I think I can ask my students (with lower ability) to draw a picture for the story. Afterwards, I can ask the others (those with ability to write on their own) to write some sentences for the picture, of course I will participate in this writing.

No comments: