Thursday, March 13, 2008

about the copyright law

In the past, I did not know what the copyright is and I did not concern about the copyright law. After reading, I found it is very important for everyone. There are a lot of people who work and create something for improving our daily life. They have to be respected by everyone, even their products. We, as a consumer, should do something.

I tried to ask our staff in the general office that what should we do under the copyright law. They said that we have to approach to the publisher before we make any photocopy. For example, we have not to 'copy' any books neither for our studies nor for our students. If we have to give our students the 'copy', we have to contact the copyright owners in order to get permission.

I read Dora's message in her blog. I think she is right that we cannot photocopy more than 1/10 of the book as well as state the source. I also teach my students to state the source in their work. And I think that we should teach our students to respect the owners and have a good attitude on surfing online.

No comments: